Saturday, we went to both Farmer Markets - - NLR's is still sparse, but it's the most propah of the two, with focus on selling Arkansas-only fruits, veg & whatnot. LR's is insufferable what with the crowds & street performers. We managed to pick up veg from both. Got organic corn on the cob, sunburst tomatoes, okra, and garlic. Got a coffee from Boulevard --picked up a baguette & Orangina as well. Decided I was going to make corn chowder for supper. Stopped by KMHD/ZR/CHANG's pad to pick up the power sander and some Louise Erdrich novels for ATM. We attempted to sand & re-stain a piece of furniture, but it is turning out to be more work than we want, so it's just sitting on the front porch waiting for us to be non-lazy. But, this heat doesn't help matters much, yeah? It is hot. There's no need to be working out in what feels like 105 degrees. NO. After a nice stint of laying in front of a box fan in the middle of the living room floor, we showered and decided to call on Rett & Keiko, to see if they want to have supper with us @ the house. They said yes! So, me & ATM, we scramble to make dinner and to set up a nice make-shift supper table in the back room. Dinner & hanging out was great, I always have a good time with them. And the food was very tasty!




At the end of the night, it is decided that we are going to Sticky Fingerz (really) to eat chicken strips & then go bowling on Wednesday. I'm so fucking happy!




At the end of the night, it is decided that we are going to Sticky Fingerz (really) to eat chicken strips & then go bowling on Wednesday. I'm so fucking happy!
After we sent them off, I drunkenly made the best scrambled eggs ever. Sitting on the floor in front of the telly, watching Kids in the Hall & eating best-known scrambled eggs with my best mate IS the best way to end an already lovely evening.


Today, wow, the ultimate lazy Sunday. I wake up at nine, wash all of the dishes, put recycling in it's overfilled bin & make a pot of coffee. It's raining! I go outside to make sure it's not a joke and then I wake up ATM. "Hey, I'm sorry to bother, but it's raining. We usually have to go to work when it's a rainy day, so if you want to get up and watch it with me, there's coffee." We sit outside and relax. It's just perfect, the air is cool and then there's the sound of water flowing over eaves and leaves and the birds are singing super loud and splashing about.

We make a quick run to the hardware store to buy tack cloth. (FYI: You need it for after sanding!) After that, I develop an immense craving for greasy Chinese food. We drive over to a restaurant we've never been to, honestly expecting a counter right when you walk in a la New Fun Ree -- NO. This place is immense, "bigger than a mall's food court", and elaborately decorated. One word: buffet. I've never seen one so fancy and full and varied! There's sushi! And a guy that will make you a custom grill bowl! All included as part of the buffet! As I was peeling my shrimps cocktail, I said to ATM, "This has got to be a $10 per buffet." "At least!" Our waitress brings us our ticket...$13 for BOTH of us, wtf! After we leave there, I declare that I never want to go back. But, if we do, I will eat my weight in egg drop soup (They let you have as many Chinese fritos as you desire!) and dim sum -- nothing else. I'm so sorry that I had no camera with me, it is a fantasy land in there.
We come home and nap. For hours. Maybe it's because we wake up early to enjoy the rain whilst being a little hung over, maybe it was the Chinese buffet? I don't know, but we sleep and sleep and sleep. I'm still tired. But, I'm about to make a fine supper of zucchini, onion & okra tempura. And a side of cantaloupe. And we're gonna watch a movie. We agreed that our only chores that must be done is to change the sheets on the bed and make sure we have clean clothes for work tomorrow. What an average weekend.

1 comment:
FOOD PORN.
Post a Comment